Quite possibly the Braves are indeed shopping for a Right Handed bat that could add a little punch to the lineup. However, as Mark Bowman points out don’t expect them to make a trade just for the sake of making a trade.
A look at some of the rumored targets:
- Matt Kemp – Bowman has mentioned him several times and he appears to be the biggest name out there that is possible. His numbers are good but it appears that he may be falling out of favor in Dodger land. To land his services the Dodgers would no doubt ask for one of the Braves top pitching prospects which they seem to be reluctant to include in any deal.
- B.J. Upton – This guy is listed mainly because Mark Bradley brought him up and the fact that I have liked him for a long time. There are no indications that he is on the trade block but his dugout dust up with Evan Longoria at least makes the question viable. His average is underwhelming .226 and he might just need a change of scenery. Then again he may be another player with with exceptional talent that never fully puts it all together. Still he is only 25 years old.
- Corey Hart – The Braves have always liked this guy and I would think he would be high on their list especially if the Brewers start to sell off parts. Hart has really put together a good first half of the season with 18 home runs and 60 RBI’s.
- Josh Willingham – The Braves just got a good look at Willingham and he hit a two run home run in the series. They may not be excited about sending any young pitching to a team in their own division.
- Jose Bautista – Where has this guy’s power come from. Still his .229 average and lack of consistency over his career scare me.
Who Would You Like to See the Braves Acquire in a Trade?
- Corey Hart (38%, 50 Votes)
- Matt Kemp (36%, 47 Votes)
- Josh Willingham (12%, 16 Votes)
- B.J. Upton (8%, 10 Votes)
- Jose Bautista (6%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 132