After losing the chance to win the division title, the Braves had a little air come out of the balloon, losing the first two games against the Pirates, the second one 5-1. The finale goes the Braves way, winning 4-0.
- Tommy Hanson was quite mediocre yet again, allowing all five runs in six innings of work. Outside of the pitcher, he walked one and struck out three, with Garrett Jones providing the big punch with the homer in the fifth.
- Hanson did not have the best possible support out there, as Michael Bourn and Andrelton Simmons were the only regulars in the starting lineup. Lyle Overbay scored on Juan Francisco‘s double to score their only run.
- Wednesday’s game saw most of the regulars back in the lineup, though most only got two or three plate appearances. Jason Heyward, Dan Uggla, and Brian McCann all reached base twice.
- Chipper Jones had a pinch-hit single to end his career with 2726 career hits and 4256 times on base, 57th and 32nd all-time respectively.
- The time of Friday’s game against the Cardinals has now been announced as 5:07 ET in Atlanta. Cardinals manager Mike Matheny has picked Kyle Lohse to square off against Kris Medlen in the do-or-die game. I will have a full breakdown of Lohse set for Friday morning.