Here is a top 10 list of my 2013 bold predictions; these may be a little in favor of Braves nation but I would not say these if I didn’t feel it could possible happen…well maybe in a perfect world.
10) Dan Uggla bounces back from his worst career season in 2012 to hit 30 bombs and finishes the year with an average over .250. He also comments 15 or less errors in the field for the 3rd straight season
9) Braves Country show the organization how much it really cares about the team and sells out every home game of the season
8) The outfield of Jason Heyward, Justin Upton and B.J. Upton all have great seasons eclipsing the 30 HR – 30 steals mark. All three guys have exceptional seasons heading into the All-Star break and are awarded with being named starters for the NL All-Star team
7) Craig Kimbrel remains the dominant pitcher he is and outdoes last season’s career numbers. He wins the NL Cy Young Award with 50 saves and ERA under 1.00
6) Coach Fredi Gonzalez has a master plan in his head about what exactly to do with the third base position. The platoon of Chris Johnson and Juan Francisco works perfectly and at years end we’re calling Gonzalez a magician
5) Evan Gattis continues his tremendous hitting streak from the winter league, spring training and now to the season. After his bat kept him in the lineup for much of April, the Braves find different ways for him to continue getting at-bats. He plays in at least 100 games at either catcher, in the outfield or pinch hitting
4) B.J. Upton doesn’t let younger brother Justin beat him in any statistical categories. They battle till the final day with home runs, steals and batting average. The two of them push each other to new career highs and both are in the running for MVP
3) The Braves are in a tight NL East battle with the Washington Nationals heading into the All-Star break. Seeing this, Chipper Jones gets the itch to return to baseball and begins working out. By August, Jones returns to the team and helps the Braves in the final months of the season
2) Tim Hudson takes on the Philadelphia Phillies on opening day and scores the victory. The offense knocks Cole Hamels out of the game early and the Braves start off on the right foot winning on opening night
1) The Braves win 97 regular season games, winning the NL East over the Washington Nationals. Then beat the Nationals in the NLCS to take on the Toronto Blue Jays in the World Series. Tied in the series 2-2, the Braves go on to win the next 2 games to win the series 4-2 and win the World Series!!