The Atlanta Braves are currently tied with the Washington Nationals for first place in the NL East. The Miami Marlins were battling with these two teams a few weeks ago for the top spot. Since then, the Marlins are falling fast and are now fourth in the NL East and seven games under .500.
With the July 31st trade deadline quickly approaching, the Marlins may be sellers.
Atlanta has been rumored to have interest in acquiring relief pitching, starting pitching and bench help.
Since the Braves usually make some sort of move prior to the deadline, I reached out to Ehsan Kassim of our sister website on Fansided, Marlin Maniac, to lay all the chips out on the table and try to help find that perfect trade for the Marlins and Braves.
Ehsan is a very talented and creative writer for the Marlins so we decided to do something a little different on this Monday afternoon. Maybe it was late Sunday night and we were delirious or maybe it was the beer talking but we were laughing and hopefully you’ll do the same.
So here you go, our Top 10..and possibly a few more…most senseless, unreasonable, impractical, impossible, silly and foolish trades we could come up with. We had fun with these and hopefully you will as well. Add your most insane trade ideas below in the comments.
10. B.J. Upton for Billy the Marlin and a sack of Cuban sandwiches
9. Jeff Loria and cash for a Chipper Jones statue
9A. Fredi Gonzalez for 12 cans of white spray paint
8. Craig Kimbrel for Haulover Beach. Frank Wren still mulling this one over…
8A. The 1997 Florida Marlins World Series rings for the Atlanta Braves 1997 division title
7. Matt Ryan for Jake Long (oh shit, wrong sport)
7A. All you can eat at the Clevelander for Gerald Laird‘s taco recipe
6. Waffle House for a Cuban sandwich lunch….with David Samson
6A. Two free meals at Waffle House for that asinine homer thingin the Marlins Park center field
5A. The retractable roof from the Marlins Park for the Turner Field Budweiser Pavilion
4. The Miami Marlins will pick up and sign Dan Uggla, then trade him to Atlanta again for both Upton’s and a date with Kate Upton.
4A. The Turner Field Girls for the Miami Marlins Cheerleaders…you may have to throw in Jose Fernandez…
3. Jordan Schafer‘s speed for Giancarlo’s Stanton’s power
Tags: Atlanta Braves