This week’s 0 for 6 streak through Los Angeles and San Diego is bad… but it doesn’t begin to indicate the level of futility that has plagued them in the Golden State recently. Here’s the stark record, in all its naked glory:
- Today: LOSS @ San Diego
- Saturday: LOSS @ San Diego
- Friday: LOSS @ San Diego
- Thursday: LOSS @ Los Angeles
- Wednesday: LOSS @ Los Angeles
- Tuesday: LOSS @ Los Angeles
- Wednesday, May 14: LOSS @ San Francisco
- Tuesday, May 13: WIN @ San Francisco
- Monday, May 12: LOSS @ San Francisco
- Monday, October 7, 2013: LOSS @ Los Angeles (playoff)
- Sunday, October 6, 2013: LOSS @ Los Angeles (playoff)
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013: LOSS @ San Diego
- Tuesday, June 11, 2013: LOSS @ San Diego
- Monday, June 10, 2013: LOSS @ San Diego
Let’s take a break right there for a moment: over the past 14 games in California: 13 losses. 1-13 record.
Let that sink in a moment: 1-13.
- June 6-9, 2013: 2 wins, 2 losses at Los Angeles (a series split)
- May 9-12, 2013: 1 win, 3 losses at San Francisco
- August 27-29: 1 win, 2 losses at San Diego
- August 23-25: 2 wins, 2 losses at San Francisco (a series split)
- April 23-25, 2012: 2 wins, 1 loss at Los Angeles (a series win)
Yes, the last win of any series in that state came 2 years and 3-1/2 months ago. But since then, Braves teams have floundered to a combined record of 7-22 in those most recent 29 games along the San Andreas Fault (more or less).
Before that, they also dropped 2 of 3 to San Diego in June 2011, 2 of 3 to the Angels in May 2011, and then… this curse appears to have begun somewhere between April 29th and May 19th, 2011, for Atlanta actually took 5 of 6 vs. San Diego and San Francisco in April that year.
But aside from that: 11-27 in their past 38 West Coast Contests. Ugh.
Want Some Good News?
The last time Atlanta went to Seattle, they swept the Mariners. June 27-29, 2011.
So glad they get a day off on Monday.