The Atlanta Braves want your help. You can now vote for the All-Turner Field Team at the Braves website.
All-Turner Field Team
So it was only a matter of time before the Atlanta Braves PR and marketing teams put this together. A who's who of former (and some current) Braves to have had played in Turner Field.
Obviously, it's the final season for "The Ted". We've all had special memories, favorite plays, and favorite players.
Of course, the Braves want your help to determine the best (or favorite) at each position. You get to pick five pitchers.
Much like last season, the 50th in Atlanta, the all-time great moments were voted upon. However, unlike last time, this isn't a bracket style vote.
You're presented with 4-6 choices, depending on the position. You only get two choices for 3B and CF ... can't imagine why you'd need that many anyway. You get three choices for 2B and LF.
Some of these choices are no-brainers. Others, however, aren't that easy either. You can only vote on the Braves site, here, but I'll give you a run down of your choices, then you can decide if you want to let your voice be heard.
- Catcher - Javy Lopez, Eddie Perez, Johnny Estrada, and Brian McCann
- First Base - Andres Galarraga, Julio Franco, Adam LaRoche, and Freddie Freeman
- Second Base - Keith Lockhart, Marcus Giles, and Dan Uggla
- Third Base - Chipper Jones and Vinny Castilla
- Shortstop - Walt Weiss, Rafael Furcal, Edgar Renteria, Yunel Escobar, and Andrelton Simmons
- Left Field - Ryan Klesko, Matt Diaz, and Ryan Langerhans
- Center Field - Andruw Jones and Michael Bourn
- Right Field - Brian Jordan, Gary Sheffield, Jeff Francoeur, and Jason Heyward
- Utility Player - Mark DeRosa, Martin Prado, Kelly Johnson, and B.J. Surhoff
- Starting Pitchers - Greg Maddux, Tom Glavine, John Smoltz, Kevin Millwood, Tim Hudson, Kris Medlen, Tommy Hanson, Jair Jurrjens, and Julio Teheran
- Relief Pitchers - John Smoltz, Craig Kimbrel, Peter Moylan, Jonny Venters, and Eric O'Flaherty
So, now you know the choices. Now, you can go vote with a little head start. It takes about 5 minutes to vote, 4 of those minutes spent filling out the obligatory "give us your name and email" form at the end.