Atlanta Braves Hoping Justin Upton Will Avoid Disabled List
The last thing the Atlanta Braves want to hear are Justin Upton and the disabled list, so the team has decided to give the powerful outfielder a few days off in hopes his ailing hand will heal.
Neither Upton nor the Braves are exactly sure how Upton suffered the injury, but it’s clearly nagging him as today marks his second consecutive day off.
Per David O’Brien:
Justin Upton has a sore right hand. Fredi giving him today off in hopes 3 days off including off day will help him turn the corner
ATLANTA BRAVES VS KANSAS CITY ROYALS ODDS
FORM vs LEAGUEBraves
- Braves are second in the league in free passes at 3.5 per game.
- Braves strike out more than any team in the league with 8.9 per game.
- Braves are the toughest team to score on in the league, allowing just 3.4 runs per game.
- Braves are second best in the league in giving up hits, allowing 8.0 per game.
- Braves are the third best in base on balls allowed, allowing 2.5 per game.Royals
- Royals are second worst in the league in free passes at 2.5 per game.
- Royals strike out less than any team in the league with 6.5 per game.
- Royals are the toughest team to score on in the league, allowing just 3.8 runs per game.
Miners closer Cunniff signed by Atlanta Braves
A good closer just doesn’t seem to stay long in Southern Illinois.
The Miners had yet another ninth-inning reliever taken away by a major league organization Friday when the Atlanta Braves bought the contract of righthander Brandon Cunniff.
Cunniff was the second Miners player in the week to leave after shortstop Tyler Stubblefield was signed by San Diego. And he’s the fourth closer in the organization’s history following Clay Zavada — who became the first Miners alum to play in the big leagues — and shutdown pitchers Cory Cowsert and Max Peterson.
Cunniff was acquired in a trade from River City last season and was a key part in the team’s Frontier League championship run. This season, he did not allow a run in 12 appearances with eight saves and 23 strikeouts.
“We could not be happier for Brandon,” said Miners manager Mike Pinto. “There is no doubt that he deserves this opportunity with the Braves. He has been dominant for us all season and we believe he has big things ahead.
Papa Johns In Atlanta
Atlanta Braves scored 6+ runs yesterday, so the promo code BRAVES6 will score half-off your *online* order at Papa John’s Atlanta (and Macon!)